Saturday, October 9, 2010

Plan?

Last night someone asked me if I had things planned out for this little adventure I've decided to embark upon. Plan, what's that? I have things lined up for the first few days and somehow that seemed a good enough start. While I do not have a plan and do not intend to develop anymore than a rough outline I do believe an increased awareness of my surroundings and the possibilities available to me will be required for the project.

Yesterday I disappeared from the office, left my phone on my desk, and took Moses for a walk around the park. Now we've walked to the park before but never mid morning like that and it was really great! There weren't many people around and we only spotted one other dog which, and those of you who know Moses will understand this, made the walk truly relaxing. Moses takes his job as my body guard a little to seriously sometimes and can appear quite intimidating to people who don't know him. If there are no people around I don't have to worry him scarring them. There was just the tiniest hint of chill in the air and some Oak leaves on the ground so it almost felt like October. I love fall and I've really missed feeling it here in Cali where it's still in the mid 80's. Yesterday I stubbornly wore my favorite go to outfit of black knit dress, tights, boots, and drapey cardigan with scarf and was, if I am to be completely honest with myself, fairly uncomfortably warm all day. It was worth it though because for once, since moving down here, I looked and felt like me and not some lawyer wanna be in a stuffy suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment